Physician / Family Practice / Texas / Permanent / Nurse Practitioner -
Company: Kurz Solutions
Location: Wichita Falls
Posted on: October 18, 2020
NP - Nurse Practitioner - Family Medicine
Family oriented location described in two words: pleasant and
The Community - Wichita Falls, TX
The City of Wichita Falls is comfortably nestled in the North East
corner of the Panhandle/Plains area of North Texas. Wichita Falls
is an economically progressive city home to commerce and industry
with worldwide interests. The City also has several institutions of
higher learning, a strong international presence through Sheppard
Air Force Base, a well-educated, eager workforce and a community
spirit geared toward family, friends and a desire to see that this
thriving city continues to grow and prosper. By most accounts
Wichita Falls can be summed up with two words, pleasant and
comfortable. This is a family oriented city conveniently located
within two hours of two metropolitan areas with populations
exceeding one million citizens; Dallas-Fort Worth and Oklahoma
City. Wichita Falls has a population of approximately 104,553, is
the county seat of Wichita County and considered the population
center of North Texas.
Sheppard Air Force Base
Sheppard Air Force Base is a United States Air Force base located
five miles north of the central business district of Wichita Falls,
Texas. It is the largest training base and most diversified in Air
Education and Training Command. The base is named in honor of Texas
Senator John Morris Sheppard, a supporter of military preparations
before World War II. The host unit at Sheppard is the 82d Training
Wing (82 TRW), which provides specialized technical training,
medical, and field training for officers, Airmen, and civilians of
all branches of the military, other DoD agencies, and foreign
nationals. The 80th Flying Training Wing (80 FTW), also at
Sheppard, conducts the Euro-NATO Joint Jet Pilot Training (ENJJPT)
program, a multi-nationally manned and managed flying training
program chartered to produce combat pilots for both USAF and NATO.
Over 60,000 Airmen and personnel from other military branches are
trained at Sheppard AFB each year. Its mission is to recruit,
train, and educate quality people through military, technical and
flight training. Sheppard AFB shares one runway with Wichita Falls
Municipal Airport under a joint civil-military arrangement.
REQUIREMENTS (duties include but are not limited to)
- Provide a full range of nurse practitioner services in
accordance with privileges granted by the Commanding Officer (e.g.,
supervise and provide general screening and medical care and
examinations of patients for routine, acute and chronic conditions
involving any and all orga systems; provide immunizations;
diagnose, treat, and counsel patients as indicated).
- Treat patients with common acute conditions, illnesses, or
minor trauma within accepted protocols, Nurse Practice Acts, and/or
in collaboration with a physician.
- Collaborate with the physician in the health care of patients
with chronic illnesses.
- Request consultation or referral with appropriate physicians,
clinics, or other health resources as indicated.
- Order diagnostic tests as applicable.
- Prescribe and dispense medications as delineated by the
Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
- Promote preventive and health maintenance care, including
annual physicals, positive health behaviors, and self-care skills
through education and counseling.
- Coordinates patient care through a continuum and facilitates
the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to care, quality
and cost effectiveness
- Ensures compliance with standards of care and practice in
accordance with all established policies, procedures, and
guidelines used in the medical treatment facility.
- Provides care within ethical and legal boundaries.
- Assesses patients
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a
diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare
team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the
patient/family and organization. Effectively uses appropriate
communication format in addressing professional issues
- Excellent written communication skills to perform accurate
documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity in
accordance with requirements.
- Ability to recognize adverse signs and symptoms and react
quickly in emergency situations.
- Completes orientation and competency verification programs in
accordance with (IAW) unit guidelines.
- Participates in the orientation of newly assigned personnel, as
- Serves and participates in committees, functions and other
meetings as directed.
- Provides relevant and timely information to these groups, and
assists with decision-making and process improvement.
- Participates in customer service initiatives, and medical
readiness activities, designed to enhance health services.
- Ensures a safe work environment, employee safe work habits and
patient safety IAW regulatory agencies, infection control policies,
and process improvement initiatives.QUALIFICATIONS
- Be a graduate of Master's degree program with specialization as
a family nurse practitioner accredited by a national nursing
accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of
- Must have a license for advanced practice level IAW the U.S.
jurisdiction requirements of their currently held RN License. Some
U.S. jurisdictions provide a separate license for advanced practice
specialty, while others provide only one license which indicates an
advanced level of practice.
- Must have twenty four (24) months experience within the last
thirty six (36) months as a nurse practitioner in family
- Must have a certification by a nationally recognized certifying
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, Wichita Falls , Physician / Family Practice / Texas / Permanent / Nurse Practitioner -, Healthcare , Wichita Falls, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!