Occupational Therapist / OTR- Full time
Company: Aegis Therapies
Location: Wichita Falls
Posted on: May 16, 2022
GENERAL PURPOSEPerforms evaluations and develops effective
patient treatment plans to restore, maintain or prevent decline of
patient function, by planning and administering medically
prescribed therapy treatments in accordance with federal, state and
professional standards governing the treatment location.ESSENTIAL
- Meets the patient's goals and needs and provides quality care
by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results;
determining treatment plans in consultation with physicians, and by
prescription. Helps patients accomplish treatment plan and secures
necessary supplies and adaptive equipment for patients to
- Administers therapy statements according to a treatment plan
approved by the attending physician. Directs treatments given by
aides and assistants. Complies with company protocol for patient
- Evaluates effects of therapy treatments by observing, noting
and evaluating patient's progress; providing medically necessary
treatment plan and modifications
- Manage the appropriate therapy minutes for patients based on
individual clinical needs; Participates in the Q & A process for
rehab related issues. Accuracy in completion of MDS or OASIS items
per workflow model
- Assures continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by
designing patient specific maintenance programs; instructing
patients, families and/or caregivers in follow-up maintenance
programs; recommending and/or providing assistive equipment;
recommending outpatient or home health follow-up programs.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and
department records according to accepted regulatory, corporate and
professional guidelines. Records daily treatment charges per
corporate procedures. Documentation will be completed using a
company furnished hand held electronic device (i.e. Ipad).
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to treatment
location infection control policies and protocols and keeping
information confidential per company and federal requirements.
Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
treatment location and department procedures, rules and
- Ensures proper operation of equipment by complying with company
procedures and following manufacturer's instructions
- Provides services in multiple settings (including skilled
nursing, assisted living, patient homes, and outpatient) as
determined by supervisor and patient/resident need including
community based services such as home health and wellness
activities as requiredQUALIFICATIONS
- Graduate from Occupational Therapy program
- Current license as a Occupational Therapist in the state of
- Must meet Clinical Competency requirements
- Current CPR certification, preferred
- Ability to travel within 50 minutes of your assigned primary
building(s) as needed.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendanceKNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS, ABILITIES & BEHAVIORS
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook,
Word, Excel, & PowerPoint) and ability to learn company or customer
- Good problem-solving skills
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient,
employee and company proprietary information
- Must have the ability to relate professionally and positively
and work cooperatively with patients, families, and other employees
at all levelsPHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
- Mobility, standing, pushing, pulling, reaching, bending,
walking, heavy lifting, fine hand coordination, ability to hear,
ability to read and write, ability to detect odors, and ability to
remain calm under stress.
- Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral/aural communication with
patients, staff, family, visitors, etc.
- Vision (corrected) adequate for reading.
- Intelligible speech and normal language / cognitive
- Must be able to push patients in a wheelchair or
- Lifting of patients*, equipment or supplies will be required up
to 20 pounds frequently, up to 50 pounds occasionally and up to 100
- Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the
- Job duties sometimes require climbing stairs, kneeling,
twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching
- Must be able to transfer patients.*
- Must be able to demonstrate any appropriate exercise and
activities to patients / caregivers.
- Work in a fast-paced clinical environment.
- Weekend and holiday work may be required.
- Work environment is primarily indoors but occasionally
- Several task and job duties involve a risk of exposure to
Bloodborne Pathogens and other potentially infectious materials
Keywords: Aegis Therapies, Wichita Falls , Occupational Therapist / OTR- Full time, Healthcare , Wichita Falls, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!