Registered Nurse (RN) - Adult Unit - Med Surg
Company: Camp Recovery
Location: Wichita Falls
Posted on: November 15, 2022
Registered Nurse (RN) - Adult UnitRed River Hospital is the
leading provider of inpatient and outpatient behavioral healthcare
in Wichita Falls, TX. Our treatment services & specialized programs
address drug and alcohol addiction and co-occurring mental
Red River Hospital has been a leader in behavioral healthcare for
over 40 years, providing superior healthcare treatment to the
people, communities, and military installations we serve. We are a
private inpatient 96 bed acute psychiatric facility dedicated to
the treatment of behavioral health and substance abuse services.
Located in Wichita Falls, Texas, Red River Hospital provides mental
health and substance abuse treatment to the following
* Dedicated military personnel
* Adolescents (ages 12 through 17)
Our excellent staff is committed to the continuous improvement of
behavioral healthcare by providing treatment opportunities that
promote individual, family, and community wellness. As a team, we
are dedicated to providing high quality, outstanding care and
attending to the individual needs of each patient and their family
in a caring and compassionate manner.
Serving Northern Texas and Southern Oklahoma
Our location in Wichita Falls allows for convenient access to
residents of nearby Texas cities like Burkburnett as well as South
Oklahoma cities like Lawton. Call the number below to begin the
process of healing.
Mission, Vision & Values
Mission: To provide superior comprehensive behavioral healthcare
and substance abuse services to the people, communities, and
hospitals we serve.
Vision: To be the behavioral healthcare provider and employer of
Values: Integrity, respect, excellence.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN):
* Provide and coordinate care by assessing physical and behavioral
health needs of patient, develop and implement nursing care plans,
maintain medical records and educate patients and their families
about various physical and behavioral health conditions.
* Provide nursing care and services within the standards and scope
of nursing practice as defined within the state Nurse Practice Act
regulations, policies, procedures and protocols, as well as
facility and corporate policies and procedures.
* Ensure physician's orders are legible if taken verbally and
transcribed appropriately per policy and procedure.
* Ensure patient's status is assessed on an ongoing basis and
pertinent information gathered is documented. Notify physician of
significant changes in status such as difficulties with detox,
medical emergency or change in medical status regarding response to
* Nursing treatment plans are specific to assessed needs. Initial
treatment plan is completed upon admission.
* Demonstrate knowledge and utilization of universal precautions in
providing direct patient care.
* Accurately administer medications per ordered note and document
accurate count of controlled substance medication administration on
* Responsible for completing admission and discharge processed
efficiently and accurately as directed.
* Exhibit therapeutic rapport with patients by maintaining
professional boundaries, being respectful to personal space, giving
patient direct attention and maintaining rational detachment.
* Provide direction or coordinate the activities of the unit as
* Communicate therapeutically and professionally with patients,
visitors, coworkers and others involved in patient treatment in an
* Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
* Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
* Current RN license in the State of Texas or Multistate
* CPR and SAMA certification required (training available upon hire
and offered by facility).
* 7a - 7p & 7p - 7a
* Block Schedule
* Every other weekend
Working for Red River Hospital affords you the chance to grow in
your nursing career by working for the only inpatient, acute
behavioral health hospital in the area. You will get the
opportunity to learn and interact with those individuals with
mental health issues, and be able to understand mental health, how
it affects individuals, and the appropriate treatments. You get to
be a part of a team whose values and mission are patient-centered
as you work together to make a difference in patients' lives and be
a part of the change. Mental health is a rewarding field as you get
to experience the short-term effect of your impact in the patients'
lives on their journey to become the best they can be.
* $5,000 Sign-On Bonus
* Internal Retention Bonus Eligible
* Paid Time Off
* Medical Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* Long-Term and Short-Term Disability
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Supplemental Life Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
* Employee Discount Program
* 401(k) Retirement Plan with Partial Company Match
* Paid Holidays (8 Total)
Keywords: Camp Recovery, Wichita Falls , Registered Nurse (RN) - Adult Unit - Med Surg, Healthcare , Wichita Falls, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!