RN Case Manager - Hospice- PRN
Company: ProMedica Senior Care
Posted on: November 21, 2022
ProMedica Senior Care, formerly HCR ManorCare is one of the leading
providers of Hospice, Home Care Skilled Nursing, Memory Care,
Palliative Care, and Assisted & Independent Living.
Heartland, ManorCare and Arden Courts are now part of the ProMedica
family of services. The home health and hospice, skilled nursing
and rehabilitation, memory care services you know us for are now
part of an integrated health and well being organization.
At our core, we are a not-for-profit, mission-based organization
working to create a stronger, more cohesive approach to delivering
care at the right place and right time.
As a RN Case Manager, your ability to manage client care with
specific knowledge and experience in bedside care, symptom
management, crisis intervention and family intervention are feature
assets for this high-profile nursing position. In addition to
excellent written/verbal communication, problem solving and
decision making abilities, our candidate has a demonstrated
experience developing and maintaining rapport with patients and
families, and the ability to work well with an interdisciplinary
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy excellent training,
industry-leading benefits and unlimited opportunities to learn and
grow. Be a part of the team leading the nation in healthcare.
4701 - ProMedica Hospice - Mankato Office - Serving South
Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state and in
good standing with the Board in which he/she will practice.
- A minimum of 6 months institutional nursing experience within
the past 3 years, unless state regulations differ. The Director of
Professional Services or Administrator may waive this experience
requirement based upon a personal interview.
- Registered Nurses providing skilled intervention for PASSPORT
Patients must have 2 years experience as an RN.
- Necessary on a daily basis; 100%.
- Patient's home/living facilities.
- Exposure to disagreeable conditions including odors, infection,
illness, and physical contact from disruptive Patients.
Job Specific Details:
General Responsibilities (Hospice Only)
- Attends deaths of Patients to assist and support the
- Initial and ongoing assessment of the impact of the terminal
diagnosis on the Patient?s physical, functional, psychosocial and
environmental needs and activities of daily living including risk
for pathological grief, cultural and spiritual implications and
verbal and non-verbal communication patterns.
- Implements the individualized plan of care and recommends
revisions to the plan as necessary including managing discomfort
and providing symptom relief and specialized nursing skills related
to palliative and end-of-life care.
- Consults with and educates the Patient/family regarding the
disease process, self-care techniques, end-of-life care and the
processes for dealing with issues of ethical concern.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing
- Prepares clinical and progress notes that demonstrate progress
toward established goals.
- Coordinates all Patient/family services and prioritization of
needs with the members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Uses case management approach and refers to other services as
- Informs the physician and other personnel of changes in the
Patient?s needs and outcomes of intervention.
- Determines scope and frequency of services needed based on
acuity and Patient/family needs.
- Supervises LPNs/LVNs and paraprofessionals providing services
to the Patient according to regulatory guidelines.
- Participates in in-service programs.
- Provides specialized hospice training to other staff, family
members and informal caregivers to insure adequate care.
- Assesses the ability of the caregiver to meet the Patient?s
immediate needs upon admission and throughout care.
- Evaluates family/Patient response to care on an ongoing
- Evaluates own needs for support and uses identified systems to
meet the need.
- Applies specific criteria for admission and re-certification to
hospice care to establish appropriate levels of care and the
- Communicates information using current process and technology
available to the organization.
Keywords: ProMedica Senior Care, Wichita Falls , RN Case Manager - Hospice- PRN, Healthcare , Vernon, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!