RN Circulator/Operating Room - FT - OR Circulate
Company: Surgery Partners
Location: Wichita Falls
Posted on: January 22, 2023
RN Circulator/Operating Room - FTJOB SUMMARY:
To act as patient advocate, providing continuity of care designed
to meet individual patient needs through collaboration with other
members of the health care team. Supports the philosophy,
objectives and goals. The Circulating Nurse will assess the
perioperative needs of individual patients including but not
limited to adult, pediatric, neonatal and adolescent patients.
1. Prepares room, equipment, and supplies needed for the procedure,
including anesthesia supplies.
2. Opens sterile packs and supplies, using Surgeon's preference
card for specific requests.
3. A preoperative assessment is performed that includes:
3.1 Assess the level of consciousness and color and integrity of
3.2 Identify patient and introduce self to patient.
3.3 Determine a plan of care based on individual needs.
3.4 Necessary patient teaching will be done at this time.
4. In addition: checks the chart, confirm consent, history and
physical, laboratory results, allergies, and confirm the operative
5. Brings the patient to the Operating Room suite and assist the
patient to the operating bed after breaking off the gurney.
6. Positions patient for safe functional alignment, exposure of
surgical site and to provide physical support.
7. Effectively manages human resources.
8. Informs front desk of progress and Post-Anesthesia Care Unit,
other facility unit and/or front desk prior to transfer.
9. Assists Anesthesiologist with monitor leads, blood pressure
cuff, and oximeter placement and remain at patient's side during
induction and positioning.
10. Prepares patient's operative site, again confirming procedure
with Surgeon's history and physical.
11. Directs overhead spotlights and connects equipment such as
electrocautery, suction and power equipment.
12. Performs sponge and needle counts, if required. Obtains any
sterile supplies needed throughout procedure.
13. Maintains an aseptic-controlled environment.
14. Follows proper procedures regarding exposure to Category 1
15. Follows proper procedures for handling hazardous waste
16. Documents information required.
17. Follows appropriate Pre-Op/Admitting policies and
OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE: Category I exposure to bloodborne pathogens,
frequent exposure to chemical hazards and may encounter radiation
* State Licensure as a Registered Nurse is required, for the State
* Demonstrates ability to stand and/or walk at least five hours per
* Demonstrates ability to lift and/or carry over 20 pounds on a
* Demonstrates ability to push/pull over 25 pounds on a regular
Keywords: Surgery Partners, Wichita Falls , RN Circulator/Operating Room - FT - OR Circulate, Healthcare , Wichita Falls, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!