Company: United Regional Health Care System
Location: Wichita Falls
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Summary of Essential Functions
- Assists physicians and advanced practice providers with patient
care and follow-up in a clinic setting.
- Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assessment and triage of patients
- Administration of high-risk medications
- Medication adjustments based on written protocol
- Provide patient education
- Ensure proper documentation in the medical record for billing
and continuity of care purposes.
- Provides a variety of direct patient care, technical and
clinical functions for the patient, utilizing nursing processes and
functions within the URPG policy and procedure. Educational
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of an accredited RN school of nursing.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both
verbally and in writing. Licenses and Certifications
- Must be licensed with the Board of Nursing for the State of
Texas as a Registered Nurse.
- CPR Certification. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
- Ability to deal with staff, physicians, visitors, vendors,
patients and the public in a tactful and pleasant manner
- Must work harmoniously in a team setting
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and
- Must be organized, a self-starter and must have an eye for
detail and accuracy
- Ability to understand, apply and carry out written or verbal
- Ability to recognize problems and respond appropriately.
- Uses independent judgment and strong critical thinking skills
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting
patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand
- Standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
- Lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Pushing and pulling of heavy objects.
- Corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Working under stressful conditions and working irregular hours,
as clinic volume can vary
- Some exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids. Duties
- Administers direct patient care, utilizing strong judgement and
critical thinking skills. Demonstrates competency in caring for
patients in all age groups. Provides competent assistance to
physician by providing information and education, and assistance
during treatments and examinations of patients.
- Deals effectively with physicians, patients and employees and
ensures an environment of collaboration
- Skillfully performs patient assessment on all assigned patients
in the Clinic.
- Oversees care of patient throughout span of provider/patient
- Multitasks and prioritizes effectively to manage a high volume
- Provides outstanding service, utilizing AIDET and other service
- Maintains strong knowledge of medications most commonly used in
area of practice. Correctly administers medications within scope of
practice. Monitors vital signs and observes patient for possible
- Responsible for referral coordination and care management as
deemed necessary by the physician. Ensures appropriate order
completion of all medications, DME supplies, and diagnostic
- Responds to emergency situations in accordance to policy.
Recognizes need for and initiates resuscitation; interprets basic
arrhythmias and administers appropriate treatment. Furnishes
patient history for physician. Ensures that code information is
- Ensures that proper equipment and supplies are used for tasks
to be performed and that no wasting of supplies takes place,
reports broken equipment or unsafe conditions in assigned area and
enters work order or makes notation on work log specific items
needing repair (follows maintenance checklist).
- Proactively keeps patient, family and visitors informed of
changes in patient condition and plan of care. Elicits and/or
provides pertinent patient information whenever transferring care
of the patient to another care provider.
- Thoroughly and accurately completes all documentation.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of facility routines, policies,
protocols, and procedures to include but not limited to: Equipment,
Incident Reports, Safety and Disaster, Infection Control/Universal
Precautions, Care of the Inmate, Handling and Disposition of
Narcotics and Death Protocol.
- Performs all other tasks/responsibilities as necessary.
RN, Registered Nurse, Nurse, Nursing, Clinic, URPG, URPG Nurse
Keywords: United Regional Health Care System, Wichita Falls , LVN/MA, Healthcare , Wichita Falls, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...