Registered Nurse, Emergency Department
Posted on: September 21, 2023
POSITION SUMMARY:Utilizing the nursing process, provides high
quality direct and indirect patient-centered care.Coordinates
patient care by working collaboratively with the interdisciplinary
team, patients and families.Communicates, as appropriate, the
patient's clinical condition, responding quickly and accurately to
changes in condition or response to treatment.Demonstrates
knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life
span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to
the patient population served.Promotes the profession of nursing
and professional practice through collegial support and
interactions. Reports to the Clinical Nurse
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of Nursing and have
and maintain a current Registered Nurse license in the State of
- Must have certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) upon hire
or within 3 months of hire.
- Obtain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certified within
one (1) year of completion of hire into position; Pediatric
Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course
(ENPC) within 2 years of hire into position and maintain
certification while employed in this position.COMPETENCIES:
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both
verbally and in writing.
- Possesses basic computer skills.
- Must be capable of taking swift and efficient action, including
patient restraint when responding to patient emergency codes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: Disclaimer: Job descriptions
are not intended, nor should they be construed to be, exhaustive
lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working
conditions associated with the job.They are intended to be accurate
reflections of the principal duties and responsibilities of this
position.These responsibilities and competencies listed below may
change from time to time.Job-Specific Competency
- Performs population-specific comprehensive assessments and
re-assessments of the patient's condition and care needs including
the psychosocial, physical, educational and cultural aspects.
- Assesses and reassesses pain.Utilizes appropriate pain
management tools and techniques.Educates the patient and family
regarding pain management.Documentation reflects assessments,
interventions and evaluation of effectiveness.
- Develops and revises individualized plans of care as indicated
by assessment and patient response to treatment.Evaluates overall
plan periodically for effectiveness.Involves the patient and family
in the formulation of goals.
- Follows the seven (7) medication rights and reduces the
potential for medication errors. Demonstrates knowledge of
medications and their correct administration based on age of the
patient and their clinical condition.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that
optimizes patient safety and promotes positive patient outcomes.
- Documents the nursing process and responses to care in a timely
manner utilizing the appropriate tools.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function
under stressful situations.Utilizes critical thinking skills and
sound judgment in priority setting and delegation.
- Formulates and implements a teaching plan for patients and
families based upon identified learning needs. Evaluates
effectiveness of learning.
- Demonstrates autonomous practice, consistent with
evidence-based standards.Pursues personal and professional growth
and development.Serves as a professional role model and mentor.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and
development over the lifespan and the skills necessary to provide
age-appropriate care to patients served. Able to interpret data
about the patient status in order to identify each patient's
age-specific needs and provide care needed by the patient group.
- Provides an accurate and pertinent report of the patient's
condition for safe transfer of care.
- Uses triage process to ensure timely and appropriate care to
patients.Accurately assigns triage categories.
- Monitors hemodynamic status of patients and correctly interpret
the results.Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac monitoring;
identifies dysrhythmias and treats appropriately.
- Demonstrates knowledge of airway management procedures and the
ability to utilize appropriate equipment.
- Maintains a good rapport/relationship and a cooperative working
relationship with outside agencies i.e. Public Safety Officials;
police, fire, EMS organizations, referring agencies ECF , Visiting
Nurse Association's, Department of Child and Family Affairs (DCF).
- Maintains clinical competence and awareness of all ECHN
policies, procedures and guidelines.#indeed22echn
Keywords: ECHN, Wichita Falls , Registered Nurse, Emergency Department, Healthcare , Vernon, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!