Short Stay RN Nights - FT - Med Surg
Company: Surgery Partners
Location: Wichita Falls
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Short Stay RN Nights - FTJOB TITLE: Short Stay Registered Nurse,
A professional who provides patient care based upon the nursing
process; being effectively involved with maintaining the standard
of care for assigned patients through assessment, planning,
implementation and evaluation. The Registered Nurse shall oversee
and guide employees that are under his/her supervision. To act as
patient advocate, providing continuity of care designed to meet
individual patient needs through collaboration with other members
of the health care team at the Center. Supports the philosophy,
objectives and goals of the Center. The registered nurse will
ensure quality care to the individual patients pre-operatively
including, but not limited to geriatric, adult, pediatric and
General Summary of Duties:
Assists in the provision of nursing care to patients in an
Ambulatory Surgical Center setting. Assesses the physical and
emotional needs of patients and implements appropriate nursing
interventions. Respects patient's right to privacy, dignity and
Assists the patient to undress, if the patient needs assistance,
and gives locker assignment to patient's family. Follows
appropriate nursing policies and procedures. Performs
post-operative instruction and explanation according to facility
policy and procedure. Is knowledgeable about and responsive to
emergency situations, i.e. cardiac arrest, malignant hyperthermia,
drug reaction, fire, disaster etc.
Reports and completes appropriate forms for incidents related to
patients, visitors, and employees. Attends and participates in
staff meetings and staff development programs, including mandatory
ones. Assists with all other duties as the need arises or as
assigned. Sets priorities to facilitate the timely and efficient
flow of patients throughout the day. Prepares and restocks the
Pre-Operative/PACU area for the following day. Prepares patients
for Discharge from the center, and/or discharges the patient's
within a timely manner from the facility.
* Licensure as Registered Nurse in the State of Texas
* Current CPR and ACLS certification, required
* Current PALS, preferred
* Previous experience in care of post anesthesia/surgical patients
(Med Surg RN), preferred
* Demonstrates ability to stand and/or walk at least five hours per
* Demonstrates ability to lift and/or carry over 20 pounds on a
* Demonstrates ability to push/pull over 25 pounds on a regular
* Demonstrates cooperative work attitude toward and with
co-employees, management, patients, visitors and physicians.
* Demonstrates competency in the care of patients.
* Uses common sense and special nursing skills to care for the post
* Understands information from supervisors, charts, reference
books, manuals, and labels.
* Must have good computer skills.
* Communicates with people when they are sick, handicapped or
nervous and works quickly and efficiently in an emergency.
* Changes from one duty to another frequently, follows reasonable
instructions, and records information accurately.
* Sets priorities, makes decisions based on available data and
* Remains current in continuing education in both the nursing
profession and in the field of specialty.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performs patient assessment on all assigned patients in the
department. Assesses new patients in a timely manner. Provides ADLs
and course of care for all patients. Reevaluates patients' status
throughout shift as necessary.
* Maintains knowledge of medication most commonly used in practice
area. Where applicable correctly administers medications, including
IV push medications and emergency drugs. Calculates dosage IV
medications. Monitors vital signs and observes patient for possible
* Ensure that proper equipment and supplies are used for tasks to
be performed and that no wasting of supplies takes place, reports
broken equipment or unsafe conditions in assigned area.
* Prepares, responds and follows up appropriately to emergency
situations. Recognizes need for and initiates resuscitation;
interprets basic arrhythmia and administers appropriate treatment,
including emergency therapy and defibrillation as per (ACLS)
* Administers direct patient care, monitors vital signs and other
signs and symptoms to assure medical stability. Demonstrates
competency in caring for patients in all age groups. Aids physician
by providing information or assistance during treatments and
examinations of patients.
* Follows proper protocol for transferring patients to another
facility by completing all the necessary paperwork to include
Transfer Documentation. Patient Transfers to other Institutions:
verifies physician order, completes general transfer paperwork,
completes any additional documentation needed. Calls outside
facility and transport for patient.
* Keeps patient, family and visitors informed of changes in patient
condition and plan of care. Provides patients and family members
with necessary education and discharge instructions.
* Thoroughly and accurately completes all documentation.
* Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of and enforces facility
routines, policies, protocols, and procedures.
* Performs all other tasks/responsibilities as necessary.
Keywords: Surgery Partners, Wichita Falls , Short Stay RN Nights - FT - Med Surg, Healthcare , Wichita Falls, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!