Company: United Regional Health Care System
Location: Wichita Falls
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Registered Nurse - 4 Center - Med-Surg Orthopedics and
Neurosurgery - 10k-20k Sign On Bonus - Wichita Falls, TX
Summary of Essential Functions
- To provide general nursing care and/or supervision of personnel
delivering general nursing care to patients in the hospital, ages
infant to geriatric. Condition may vary from ambulatory to acutely
or chronically ill.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both
verbally and in writing.
Licenses and Certifications
- Registered with the Board of Nursing for the State of
- CPR Certification.
- Demonstrates competency in the care of patients.
- Uses common sense and special nursing skills to care for the
sick or handicapped.
- Understands information from supervisors, charts, reference
books, manuals, and labels.
- Must have good computer skills.
- Communicates with people when they are sick, handicapped or
nervous and works quickly and efficiently in an emergency.
- Changes from one duty to another frequently, follows reasonable
instructions, and records information accurately.
- Sets priorities, makes decisions based on available data and
- May be required to have BLS and possibly additional courses and
certifications as required by division.
- Remains current in continuing education in both the nursing
profession and in the field of specialty.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs patient assessment on all assigned patients in the
department. Assesses new admissions and transfers in a timely
manner. Provides ADLs and course of care for all patients.
Reevaluates patients' status throughout shift as necessary. Uses
- Maintains knowledge of medication most commonly used in
practice area. Where applicable correctly administers medications,
including IV push medications and emergency drugs. Calculates
dosage/titrates IV drip medications. Monitors vital signs and
observes patient for possible medication or blood transfusion
- Ensure that proper equipment and supplies are used for tasks to
be performed and that no wasting of supplies takes place, reports
broken equipment or unsafe conditions in assigned area and enters
work order or makes notation on work log specific items needing
repair (follows maintenance checklist).
- Prepares, responds and follows up appropriately to emergency
situations. Recognizes need for and initiates resuscitation;
interprets basic arrhythmia and administers appropriate treatment,
including emergency therapy and defibrillation as per hospital
- Administers direct patient care, monitors vital signs and other
signs and symptoms to assure medical stability. Demonstrates
competency in caring for patients in all age groups. Aids physician
by providing information or assistance during treatments and
examinations of patients.
- Follows proper protocol for transferring patients to another
facility by completing all the necessary paperwork to include a
Memorandum of Transfer, obtain all required signatures and
consulting with Social Work as needed. Patient Transfers to other
Institutions: verifies physician order, consults Social Work as
indicated, completes general transfer paperwork, completes MOT and
obtains required signatures.
- Keeps patient, family and visitors informed of changes in
patient condition and plan of care. Provides patients and family
members with necessary education and discharge
- Thoroughly and accurately completes all documentation.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of and enforces unit and
facility routines, policies, protocols, and procedures.
- Performs all other tasks/responsibilities as necessary.
RN, rn, registered nurse, Registered Nurse
Keywords: United Regional Health Care System, Wichita Falls , Registered Nurse , Healthcare , Wichita Falls, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!