EHS Engineer (Environmental Focus)
Company: Howmet Aerospace
Location: Wichita Falls
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Howmet Aerospace's Wichita Falls, TX facility has an opening for
an Environmental, Health and Safety Engineer (EHS) - Environmental
Focus. Our Company's environmental, health, and safety values along
with our leadership's commitment provide the successful candidate
an excellent environment to work and deliver results. This position
is a key member of the location's EHS Team.
Howmet is a world leader in the investment casting industry and
is a leading supplier of superalloys, aluminum, and titanium
components for aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation
applications. Our Wichita Falls location is on the front edge of
the rapid growth in the aerospace and turbine industries.
Key Responsibilities of this position include:
- Maintain a culture that is aligned with Howmet's EHS goals and
objectives, with continuous EHS improvements.
- Manage, direct, coach, lead and motivate plant personnel to
achieve EHS goals and objectives in a timely and safe manner.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Environmental,
Health and Safety programs and activities to achieve, maintain, and
exceed compliance with relevant regulatory laws and regulations as
well as comply with Howmet policies, standards, and
- Manage all environmental issues, regulatory reports and permits
as related to following disciplines: Air, Wastewater, Storm Water,
Chemical, and Waste Disposal/Recycling. This includes
responsibility for the timely and accurate filing of necessary
records to demonstrate compliance with applicable federal, state,
and Howmet programs such as sustainability.
- Develop and execute management systems designed to ensure the
plant is in compliance with all Howmet and governmental
- Ensure all on-site waste materials are managed according to
- Maintain all records and documents as necessary.
- Manage and deliver EHS compliance training.
- Manage and/or perform hands-on monitoring and measurement.
- Evaluate and manage waste streams to determine ways to minimize
or eliminate waste.
- Oversee the contractor management of the wastewater treatment
and discharge program.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Familiarity with the state of Texas environmental regulations
and their application.
Keywords: Howmet Aerospace, Wichita Falls , EHS Engineer (Environmental Focus), Other , Wichita Falls, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!