94P Multiple Launch Rocket System Repairer
Company: Army National Guard
Location: Wichita Falls
Posted on: November 30, 2018
The Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS) is a combat-proven surface-to-surface launcher that can fire up to 12 rockets in fewer than 60 seconds. Since the MLRS is an automated system, it's up to the MLRS Repairer to keep these systems battle-ready for the Army National Guard. These systems include the Multiple Launch Rocket System, the High Mobility Artillery Rocket System, and the self-propelled launcher-loader.
Specific duties may include: repairing and maintaining artillery and infantry weapons; cleaning and maintaining gyroscopes, sights, and other electro-optical fire control components; repairing and maintaining missile mounts, platforms, and launch mechanisms; testing and adjusting weapons firing, guidance, and launch systems; replacing or repairing faulty electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical assemblies; and testing equipment for fault isolation.
• Troubleshoot electrical, mechanical assemblies, modules, and interconnecting cables to isolate malfunction
• Perform unit maintenance on system peculiar test, training, and ancillary equipment
• Assist in fault isolating launcher-loader module electronic modules and assemblies
Some of the Skills You'll Learn
• Understanding schematics, drawings, blueprints, and wiring diagrams
• How to operate, test, and maintain weapons systems
• Strong attention to detail
• Interest in working with weapons
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career at firms that design, build, and test weapons systems for the military. The same skills may also prepare you for a future as an electronics mechanic, avionics technician, or missile facilities repairer. Your training and experience, coupled with additional study, may help you qualify for the Electronics Technician Association (ETA) certification.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for an MLRS Repairer consists of 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and 19 weeks of classroom instruction, including practice in repairing and replacing equipment parts.
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Federal and State tuition assistance
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
- Health care benefits available
- VA home loans
- Bonuses, if applicable
- Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
- Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
- Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
- Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.
Keywords: Army National Guard, Wichita Falls , 94P Multiple Launch Rocket System Repairer, Other , Wichita Falls, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!