Company: GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company)
Location: Wichita Falls
Posted on: May 14, 2019
Facility: Lawton Correctional Facility Compensation Base: $13.00
starting Compensation Bonus (if applicable): Equal Opportunity
Employer. Job Description A world of opportunities awaits you!
Security Officers (Correctional Officers) seeking a career
opportunity, isn---t it time to find the kind of opportunity that
truly challenges you to use the skills you---ve worked so hard to
build? We can help! We are a leader in our industry. We ensure our
employees a stable career, competitive benefits, and a diversified
range of employment. With us, there---s no telling how far you---ll
go. Now---s the time to start your journey! Job Responsibilities
With your background or interest in security operations/corrections
as our Security Guard (Correctional Officer), you will be
overseeing and monitoring the activities of the inmates or
detainees in living areas, recreation activities areas, dining
areas and visitation areas. You will be coordinating and monitoring
inmate or detainee movements, conducting counts and providing
emergency response as needed. In addition, you may be assigned to
various posts including, but not limited to, the control room,
front and sally port entrance, health services, special housing,
perimeter safety, transportation, work details, reception, intake
and visits officer, etc., as required by management. Additional
- Providing safety in program activities and supervising labor
crews in various areas around facility
- Conducting shakedown for contraband materials, either
individually or as part of a specialized team; confiscating
contraband in accordance to facility and contracting agency
policies and procedures
- Initiating disciplinary reports on inmates or detainees
- Preparing reports and maintaining daily logs as required
- Ensuring prompt and appropriate assistance to inmates or
detainees in the event of injury, illness or trauma
- Promoting facility cleanliness and reporting need for
maintenance or repairs
- Serving as member of special teams to respond to emergencies as
- Completing training courses as required by facility training
- Performing correctional duties for any shift as defined by
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- College coursework and advanced training in behavioral
sciences, correctional services or related field preferred.
Training in cultural diversity or sensitivity preferred.
- Possession of applicable state requisites for employment.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with
working extended hours.
- Must be able to regularly report to work without being
- Ability to be physically alert on any shift that is
- Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling 24
- Work experience in a correctional setting preferred.
- May be required to possess valid state driver---s license.
- Must be mature, flexible, able to command the respect and
confidence of inmates or detainees and staff, philosophically
committed to the objectives of the facility, and possess a high
tolerance to mental stress.
Keywords: GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company), Wichita Falls , CORRECTIONAL OFFICER, Other , Wichita Falls, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!