Heavy Duty Trailer Mechanic
Company: Transwest Inc
Location: Wichita Falls
Posted on: November 4, 2019
The Trailer Mechanic requires related work experience in areas
including building or repairing heavy duty trailers, hydraulic
cranes, and mig & tig welding.
We offer competitive wages and a full benefits package including
medical, dental, life, disability insurance, 401(K), paid holidays,
paid vacation/personal time, and an employee car discount
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Parts fabrication.
* Installation of components.
* Repair and/or replace suspension components as needed.
* Test operation of completed unit.
* Trouble shoot and repair customer units in the service shop and
in the field when necessary.
* Diagnose and repair ABS and lighting issues.
* Remove, replace and repair outer siding and upper/lower
* Install aluminum and fiberglass roofs.
* Repair and replace flooring.
* Perform DOT inspections on equipment.
* Maintain cleanliness of work area.
* Install and test hydraulic systems.
* Other duties as assigned by the manager.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
* Required to perform work inside and outside, in all-weather
situations, at the shop division location.
* Requires frequent sitting, standing, balancing, bending or
stooping for prolonged periods of time.
* Manual dexterity, fine manipulation and the ability to reach with
hands and arms and lift up to 80 lbs.
* Must be able to operate simple to complex and heavy-duty
* Ability to lift up to 80 lbs.
* Normal range of hearing and vision.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Valid driver's license with the ability to obtain a CDL within 90
days of employment.
* Candidate must possess a complete set of hand tools with rollaway
* 3 years recent mechanic experience is required.
* Experience working with hydraulic systems.
* Aluminum mig & tig welding experience a plus!
* Familiarity with automotive electronics and 110 volt systems.
* Excellent verbal and communication skills.
* Ability to perform heavy component installations. .
* Candidate must be a motivated individual who can work
* Ability to successfully pass a General Abilities Assessment and
Post-offer background check, physical and drug screening.
Transwest is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. We
do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of
age, race, sex, color, religion, veteran status, genetic
information, national origin, disability or any other status
protected by state or local law. It is Transwest's intention that
all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that
selection decisions be based on job-related factors
Keywords: Transwest Inc, Wichita Falls , Heavy Duty Trailer Mechanic, Other , Wichita Falls, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!