Company: Waste Connections
Location: Iowa Park
Posted on: June 17, 2022
Waste Connections has an immediate opening for a Garbage Truck
Driver at our site in Iowa Park, TX.
The ideal driver will have a self-motivated, go getting attitude,
that is looking to excel and grow with our GROWING company! Click
HERE to view a "Day in the Life" of our Drivers.
What we offer:
- Yearly Safety Bonuses
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits.
- 401K Match Program
- Uniforms/Safety Gear
- Boot allowances
- Stable Year Round, Full Time work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to read route Tablet/sheets and service each customer
identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform Daily Pre-trip and Post-Trip DOT inspections on
vehicles. Such as checking fluids, safety equipment, lights and
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and
unloading, at times with no helpers.
- Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other
miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- A typical schedule for this position is Monday-Friday with an
occasional Saturday as needed, with overtime often.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work;
heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such
as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent
wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and
vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
- Valid Class A or B CDL license with air brake endorsement
- Clean Driving Record.
- Working knowledge of D.O.T. laws
- Ability to work 50-55 hours a week
- Schedule flexibility to work M-F with (occasional Saturdays but
- Willingness to submit to and pass background check and
pre-employment drug screening test
- Ability to read, write and comprehend reports to complete daily
- Physical demands include:
- Ability to function in a wide variety of environments to
withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work
assignments (i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, and move and maneuver up to
- Ability to mount and dismount the truck multiple times every
day while on route
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life
insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect
with Your Future". Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action
/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)
Keywords: Waste Connections, Wichita Falls , Driver, Professions , Iowa Park, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!