2nd Shift Diesel Mechanic
Company: Waste Connections
Location: Iowa Park
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Waste Connections is looking to hire a 2nd Shift Diesel Mechanic to
join our team in Iowa Park, Texas!
Why Join Us?
• CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment
where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then
doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our
• RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees.
Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great
service we provide to the communities we are privileged to
Click Here to view a "Day in the Life" of our Mechanics.
- Repairs include but are not limited to, routine maintenance and
repairing engines chassis and body components, hydraulic cylinders,
brake systems, suspension systems, cooling systems, wheels and
- Inspects equipment and/or trucks for condition, operations,
parts and fluid levels, differentials, final drives, pump drives,
- Knowledge of Hydraulics repair is required
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret
failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance
software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting
parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver
Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Performs maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate
and OSHA standards.
- Performs required safety protocols while working on
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work;
heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to
repair trucks on the road. Usually well-lighted and ventilated.
Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to
handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum of 2+ years' experience, that is directly
related to the duties and responsibilities specified above .
- Must provide own personal tools. Welding/fabrication experience
is a huge plus !
- ASE Certifications Preferred, but not required
What we offer to you:
- Yearly Safety Bonuses
- Yearly Boot allowances
- Competitive compensation
- Performance-based career growth potential
- Medical, dental, vision insurance plans
- Income Protection Plans (Life Insurance, Short Term/Long Term
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Prepaid Legal Plan
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life
insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect
with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Waste Connections, Wichita Falls , 2nd Shift Diesel Mechanic, Professions , Iowa Park, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!