Company: Stewart & Stevenson LLC
Location: Wichita Falls
Posted on: July 9, 2019
We are Stewart & Stevenson. Our unique line-up of products and
services means that you ll get exposure to a broad range of
industries including oil & gas, power generation, construction,
transportation, marine, mining and agriculture. With more than 1300
employees in 64 locations in the U.S. and abroad, our small,
customer-focused teams share a common commitment to the quality and
value of service.
Responsible for effectively selling mechanical equipment,
machinery, materials, and supplies, such as engines or related
equipment and parts, construction machinery, material-handling
equipment and industrial machinery, in an assigned territory to
achieve maximum sales profitability and growth.
* Generate new customer accounts as well as service and maintain
existing accounts. Analyze customer needs and interests and
determine how company products and services can best meet their
* Recommend and sell industrial, construction, and oil field
machinery, equipment, materials, supplies, and services utilizing
knowledge of machine operations.
* Achieve sales goals and forecasts, as established by the
department and the organization.
* Assist in marketing and sale of new products and/or prototypes to
the existing marketplace.
* Review completed jobs for variations in component costing.
* Interface with other departments, including engineering,
manufacturing, production and purchasing, to oversee project
development and ensure timely delivery of finished products.
* Monitors sales orders to ensure project costs, materials lists
and delivery schedules meets project specifications and
* Compute installation or production costs, and prepare and submit
bid specifications to existing and potential customers for review.
Negotiate proposals and sales and service contracts with
* Establish, maintain and develop business, social and networking
relationships with individuals within the petroleum industry in
order to generate and maintain a positive business image for the
organization within the industry.
* Plan and organize sales strategy.
* Expedite the resolution of customer problems, issues or
* Ensure strong, effective market share of the products and
services by providing direction and information on the products and
* Appraise equipment and verifies customer credit rating to
establish trade-in value and contract terms.
* Attend sales and trade meetings and reads related publications to
obtain current market condition information, business trends, and
* Demonstrate and explain use of installed equipment and production
* Arrange for installation and test-operation of machinery and
recommend solutions to product-related problems.
* Evaluate sales performance results.
* Provide management oral and written reports on customer needs,
problems, interests, market situation, competitive activities, and
potential for new products/services.
* Conduct all business transactions in an ethical manner.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) required and
three to seven years related experience. Associates or Bachelor's
Degree strongly preferred.
* Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken
* Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
* Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and
* Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined
* Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the
* Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and
* Ability to effectively present information publicly.
* Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and
* The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
* Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best
of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
* Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Prior experience with JD Edwards systems preferred.
Certificates & Licenses
Ability to build strong presentations for customers and present
them in a clear and concise manner. Must follow company pricing
guidelines and procedures.
Additional Qualifications Preferred:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.
Keywords: Stewart & Stevenson LLC, Wichita Falls , REPRESENTATIVE-SALES -US, Sales , Wichita Falls, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!